MAXtek® OSB Facers are performance engineered Oriented Strand Board specifically manufactured for Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) providing strong, durable top and bottom facers (or “skins”) for SIPs.
- Meets or exceeds all U.S. PS 2-10 standards
- Third-party certified and graded per APA-Engineered Wood Association Product Reports: PR-N610, PR-N614
- Registered as an approved SIPs facer on Master Report SIPA 120908-10
- Exempt from California Air Resource Board Phase Two (CARBII) and HUD requirements
- Manufactured in Meadow Lake, SK (APA mill #492) and Slave Lake, AB (APA mill #514)
- Compatible for use with all types of foam cores: Polystyrene (EPS), Polyurethane (PUR) and Polyisocyanurate (PIR)
- Dimensionally Stable: Manufactured from aspen which tends to be more stable, lay flatter and bow less than Southern species
- Moisture Resistant: Edge seal protects against swelling
- Woven-Poly Bags: Each unit wrapped for protection against the elements, can be stored outside
- Tarped: Each load is tarped to ensure it arrives clean and dry
- Consistent, Reliable Supply: MAXtek is run weekly at the Meadow Lake mill. Supply will be enhanced in mid-2015 when the Slave Lake mill begins production of MAXtek
- Delivery: We arrange all trucking direct to your yard
- Thickness: 7/16” (tolerance +0/-1/32”)
- Lengths: 12’, 16’, 24’, custom sizes (tolerance +0/-1/8”)
- Widths: 4’, 8’, custom widths (tolerance +0/-1/8”)
- Unit Sizes: 4’ x 24’: 45 sheets/unit. 8’ x 24’: 24 sheets/unit & 15 sheets/unit. Call for other sizes.
- Sheets per Truck: 4' x 24': 315 sheets. 8' x 24': 159 sheets.
- Weight: 1.36 lbs. per sq. ft.
- Packaging: Plastic strapped with 2x4 runners, weather wrapped for protection
- Made from trees harvested from sustainably managed forests: Originates from CSA Z809 and SFI certified and sustainable sources
- May qualify for LEED Credit 4.4 Low Emitting Materials or LEED Credit 5.1 and 5.2 Regional Materials
- No Added Urea-Formaldehyde (NAUF)